My Note 3 has been slowing down...

browetally

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
The last few weeks I've noticed my Note 3 getting slower and slower. It seems to be responding to things slower. Simple stuff like swiping the lock screen. Going between apps. Not quite sure what is going on. I try to close apps when I'm not using them but that doesn't appear to be helping. I've restarted it as well and it kinda picks up where it left off.

Any help diagnosing would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Yk Chin

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Clean Master app. It's very useful. I set an alert if the RAM memory usage reaching 90% & above. Now, I'm maintaining my RAM usage around 50% to 60%. Whenever you feel your phone is slowing down, you can easily give it a quick "Memory Boost" (it will remove all those running apps at the background).

The app can help clean up junk files, check your phone temperature (will let you know if it's getting hot!) and also managing all your installed Apps. You can uninstall the apps or "Force Stop", etc in order to improve the memory usage. You may try other popular Task Killer app.

If it really slow down your phone despite what action you took, try uninstalling those seldom used apps to free up more space.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Clean Master app. It's very useful. I set an alert if the RAM memory usage reaching 90% & above. Now, I'm maintaining my RAM usage around 50% to 60%. Whenever you feel your phone is slowing down, you can easily give it a quick "Memory Boost" (it will remove all those running apps at the background).

The app can help clean up junk files, check your phone temperature (will let you know if it's getting hot!) and also managing all your installed Apps. You can uninstall the apps or "Force Stop", etc in order to improve the memory usage. You may try other popular Task Killer app.

If it really slow down your phone despite what action you took, try uninstalling those seldom used apps to free up more space.

There is talk that since JB there's no need for these type of apps anymore because android handles it already.

Posted via Android Central App

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Cleanmaster is pretty useless. You can do the same thing by clearing RAM through the native "active application" widget, and that doesn't help either. There's no need in any case...

@ The OP...I would try a Wipe Cache Partition and see if that helps. Also, if you're using widgets, look very carefully to see which ones and dump any that are unwanted or unused.

rajnet

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happened to me best is to do a fresh factory reinstall it has become as good as new.

Posted via Android Central App

browetally

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Cleanmaster is pretty useless. You can do the same thing by clearing RAM through the native "active application" widget, and that doesn't help either. There's no need in any case...

@ The OP...I would try a Wipe Cache Partition and see if that helps. Also, if you're using widgets, look very carefully to see which ones and dump any that are unwanted or unused.

Thanks for the response. I do not use widgets (that I'm aware of). I'm a base user who uses apps. I've never heard of a Wipe Cache Partition. What does that do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze