Does anyone like TouchWiz?

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I don't mind TouchWiz I don't think it hinders the performance of my Note3 whatsoever, yes maybe I would prefer a Nexus-esque experience however I like the screen size of Note3, the saturation, camera and packed to the 'brim' features. Yes, Samsung could make a less obtrusive operating system and I think this will; happen eventually, I mean look at the Samsung Galaxy Alpha, they will listen if we keep ranting. Yes, TouchWiz has it's quirks, lags and niggles but so does Android, they must be doing something right to be the Kings Of Android. So do any of you guys like TouchWiz or do you head straight for the 3rd party launchers?

Formerly Known As

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Personally, I use touchwiz.
I don't know what I would gain using a launcher. I suspect, not much.
In addition I might lose some s-pen functionality.

Posted via Android Central App

dankev

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I dislike most of Touchwiz. I like the camera app, though. For my Note 2, I always really wanted to run stock, but with the TW camera. I don't use the stylus or multitasking, so those TW features are unimportant for me. If I cared about either, they'd be a big deal.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Loved it, google brainwashes people into thinking somehow oem launchers are bad. I don't buy that for a sec (i had a nexus 4 and a nexus 7).

Kianski

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a nexus 5 and a Samsung galaxy note 8.0. I hate the touchwiz. It's laggy and looks like something on a 'my first tablet' you'd give your kid. I've put Google play launcher on, and that's made it so much bearable! I'd root it but I only have it for the s pen.

The one thing I'm hating the most at the moment is the inability to have widgets on the lockscreen. The whole layout of the settings , the notification toggles, etc really does my head in too.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I like TouchWiz and I think most people do too... or else Samsung wouldn't sell so many phones. But on the Internet it has become popular to bash TouchWiz. Old TouchWiz was quirky... but more recent versions are good.

jim_h#AC

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I like TouchWiz and I think most people do too... or else Samsung wouldn't sell so many phones.
Hmm, I'm not sure there's a connection between Samsung's success with their phones and people liking TouchWiz. There have been many threads on forums where at least as many people switch to a different launcher as use TouchWiz. There was one here a while ago where the op asked what launcher people use and a good number of replies were from users who don't use TouchWiz.

But on the Internet it has become popular to bash TouchWiz. Old TouchWiz was quirky... but more recent versions are good.
TouchWiz is bashed because it's quirky, can be laggy and is definitely bloated compared to something like Nova Prime. I don't think it's necessarily bashed just because it's fashionable to do it.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Do you really think an Android forum represents the real world when it comes to usage of their forums? There's probably a huge chunk of Android device users out there that don't even know Android Central exists. Don't assume everybody in the world is a techie.

jim_h#AC

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Do you really think an Android forum represents the real world when it comes to usage of their forums? There's probably a huge chunk of Android device users out there that don't even know Android Central exists. Don't assume everybody in the world is a techie.
I agree the forums aren't necessarily a reflection of the real world and that's not what I was getting at. There are a lot of threads on different forums, blog articles, news sites and various other places around the web where the ease with which alt launchers can be installed and used by novices is shouted from the rooftops. That does entice beginners and non-tech people to switch from TW. I was just using this site as an example.

Erm, I don't remember making any assumption about people's technical skills in my post (or in my head). Sorry if you got that impression :-\