Note 3 Huge Battery Drain issues

Redmug

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I have had my Note 3 since launch now, and for the past 6 months it has had some serious overheating issues that seem to occur only on my work wifi network. At home the device the device battery life is amazing, I don't need to charge it all weekend, but when I get to work, the phone starts heating up, and in 10 minutes I lose 5% battery on idle! I have been using Battery Doctor and Clean Master, and those seem to cure the issue for about an hour or 2..... I have no idea what it is. I have 2 other colleagues who also have the same Note 3 (Snapdragon variant) and they don't have a single issue running on the same WiFi network I am having issues on. I am running Android 4.4, I have tried doing a factory reset and running only the default factory apps, and I still get the same thing. It's such a strange issue because it only occurs on a certain Wi-Fi network and only on my phone.

I have tried running it without the SD card, and even without a sim card, but the drain still persists. What more can I do?

I took it to a Samsung Service Centre, and this is the 4th replacement I have received from them, all but one had battery drain issues, the other had a broken microphone but perfect battery life...

I did root my phone without tripping knox so that I could install a wakelock detector to see what the issue was. It seems my Android System is using alot of resources, but I have no idea how to stop that!

I also tried dialling *#0228# This gives me some battery stats, and according to the Samsung Service Technician my phone should not be asking for more than 4000mV, when the drain occurs it is sitting at around 3900mV.

This is really strange, I am thinking of contacting Samsung Head Office and maybe looking to push for a refund or a brand new replacement at this stage..

Just today, it lost 50% in 2 hours on idle in my bag :(

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781