Why isn't my Samsung Note 3 Touch Pad working at all?

lkatejones

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Note 3 touch pad isn't working at all?

Hi guys, this is my first post so please forgive me if I'm doing anything wrong! Okay, my Samsung Note 3 touch pad isn't working at all. I don't have an S Pen anymore. I've restored it just now and rebooted it several times but nothing helps! Is there anything that might work before I have to send it off to someone? I know it'll be pricey and I can't really afford that. Thank you in advance!

Should I drain the battery? Is there anyway I can drain it quickly? Although I cannot get into my phone AT ALL. It's completely stuck. It doesn't recognise any sense of touch!

lkatejones

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: My Samsung Note 3 touch pad isn't working at all?

Hiya, thank you for replying. It's turning on and it comes up with the starter screen (find below) but if I try tapping 'Next' or anything on the screen, it's unresponsive. The options and the back touch buttons work but the touch screen doesn't work at all.
android-welcome-screen.jpg

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

How are you getting past the lockscreen?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

lkatejones

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

How are you getting past the lockscreen?

I can't get past it, it won't let me! It's been running on half battery for 24 hours so I'm just waiting for it to die then I'll recharge it. Any suggestions? :)

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Does your power menu look JUST like this or something different?
5yga7anu.jpg

lkatejones

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

Hi, I can't get a picture of it but it just says 'Power Off' and 'Restart', nothing else!

I'm thinking of buying an S Pen but for £26 and what if that doesn't work? Samsung aren't being too helpful either!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

All I can say is I had a "similar" probl. My phone thought there was an S view cover on it and would only respond on the top part of the screen or with a stylus. If your whole screen is unresponsive, it sounds like a different issue.

Ian Bennett

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

If you have a case on it take it off.....turn your phone side ways and try to click next.....the touch panel on the bottom could have gone bad. If all else fails then reboot into recovery mode and clear cache if that doesn't work then boot into safe mode. If you don't know how to do it then Google it.

Posted via the Android Central App

lkatejones

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

That worked, wow! Thank you so much, Ian! Thank you to everyone for all your input, I really appreciate it. Can't thank you all enough! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz