Why has my app icon faded with SD sign?

Jmdt

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
App icon faded with SD sign

Hi

Ive got 2 apps ..faded colour with a SD sign next to it,when i click on app it tells me "application not installed" ive used these 2 apps this morning

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
All updates done
Virus scans done
Apps saved on phone not SD card

Any clues?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: App icon faded with SD sign

I've only seen that myself when unmounting the SD card and mounting it with the phone on. Have you rebooted?

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

Hi

Ive got 2 apps ..faded colour with a SD sign next to it,when i click on app it tells me "application not installed" ive used these 2 apps this morning

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
All updates done
Virus scans done
Apps saved on phone not SD card

Any clues?

I've had this happen a couple of times. Rebooting didnt help (nor did battery pulls). One of the times resolved itself (after a minute or 2 the app icons appeared and all was well). The other time I picked an app that was stored on my SD card that had the faded symbol and clicked to move it back to internal storage. Once I did that all of the other app icons came back. I then went back in and moved the app back to the SD card.

Hope this helps,

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App

Jmdt

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the reply Sarks!

Ive treid moving from SD to SD ,reboot,battery pull everything i hope its not something to do with my phones software :'(its only 2 apps none of the other apps has ever done this i dont understand .

i can remember that some of the times that i treid to move the app to and from SD card it tells me no files to move so the whole app and its files just dissapears .

Thanks

Jmdt

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

Hi Jpr

Reboot,battery pull ,checked SD card and phone for virus nothing -its only 2 apps-none of my other apps have done this and these 2 apps are saved on the phone and not SD card even when i try to move them theres no files to move everything from the app's gone ...

J