too much drag between my spen and mobile screen protector, solutions?

sicunder36

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
the seller gave me my note3neo with a complimentary screen protector. it is probably branded (i was busy with the billing while the salesman was installing the protector on- so i cant be sure). it does look clear.

but i cant take the drag my s-pen nib/tip generates on it. also the pen nib has started to turn yellow - only the very tip that touches the protector. i dont know if it'sthe protector that's causing it, or it's just a sign for replacing the nib maybe (it's just 2nd week!!). the worst part it i have a feeling that the drag has increased over last week. may be some outer layer of the pen tip got eroded revealing inner rubbery and squeaky part??? - i am just guessing- i totally dont know what wacom uses as construction material for pen nibs.

any suggestions, for a drag-less free and smooth writing experience without using too much pressure against the screen?
regards.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I would remove the screen protector and if you want to use a protector, get a glass one. The S Pen nibs last a very long time. Since the one you have in the pen now seems affected by the screen protector, after taking off the screen protector and cleaning the screen of any residue, I would replace the nib. You should not need to replace it again for many months of heavy usage or at all if you have light usage.

sicunder36

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the reply, i will research about glass protectors good with spen function compatibility.

more inputs are welcome.
regards