Latest Google Calendar update

marselisgn3

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
The latest google calendar update 5.0.xx woth material design and all looks and works good but oh my god scrolling is such a hassle. Stutters like nothing ive ever seen,and I've seen some pretty award winning stutter-mess apps
Where can we address our problems wkth google apps? I tried their support email but got a reply saying that no reply should be expected and to have a look at the q&a some bull**** like that.
Does anyone else have the same problem ?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the app but have you tried clearing the cache? I did just take a quick look at recent reviews and many people are unhappy with it so hopefully there will be another update to fix some problems. Was the email you tried the one on the app page or is there a feedback link in the app itself?

marselisgn3

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't use the app but have you tried clearing the cache? I did just take a quick look at recent reviews and many people are unhappy with it so hopefully there will be another update to fix some problems. Was the email you tried the one on the app page or is there a feedback link in the app itself?

Well i pretty much checked other reviews on play store but none were actually complaining abut scrolling stutter. They were unhappy with some app funcionalities but that's not the case here.
I tried the email thats provided on the app page on play store

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Well i pretty much checked other reviews on play store but none were actually complaining abut scrolling stutter. They were unhappy with some app funcionalities but that's not the case here.
I tried the email thats provided on the app page on play store

Well, here is the "report an issue" section of the google calendar help forum. https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!categories/calendar/report-an-issue

So you can try there if you want. But definitely try clearing the cache first, both the app cache and the cache partition.

marselisgn3

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

Attachments

• 1416001579427.jpg
    1416001579427.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 40

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
The 22.23 MB remaining after you cleared data is the app. The data you cleared are your personal data and settings. Since it's a Google calendar, it'll repopulate when you open it again, assuming your phone is set to sync the calendar. And you will have to choose your settings again.

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I love this update. Mine is buttery smooth but I am on a nexus 5. I don't think that should matter though.

Posted via the Android Central App

marselisgn3

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I was hoping for note 3 users to share their experience. Even note 4 users have very fluid animations. i hope its not jerking only on my device

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the note 3 and the google calendar app and I don't notice any stutter when scrolling UNLESS I scroll down like 3 or 4 months really really fast, then there will be a little stutter but it's barely noticeable

Posted via the Android Central App

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Have you set your animations differently than when you got the phone? I know I have and get stutter when a page loads as the animation itself usually gives the app time to load before I am able to scroll.

You could play with animations in developer settings and see if changing them either way helps with stutter...or you could try uninstalling maps altogether and then just reinstall to see if it works better.

marselisgn3

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Have you set your animations differently than when you got the phone? I know I have and get stutter when a page loads as the animation itself usually gives the app time to load before I am able to scroll.

You could play with animations in developer settings and see if changing them either way helps with stutter...or you could try uninstalling maps altogether and then just reinstall to see if it works better.

I have tried the animations. No luck. My calendar is actually pretty empty so there is not much to load. I have tried vefore messing with reinstalling google play services and things went south so deffo waiting for another update. What conserns me is only my note 3 does this

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
This update is terrible. It removed many of the best features of the calendar: month view, 7 day view, the ability to zoom to show the whole day at once. Total rubbish.

Posted via Android Central App

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
This update is terrible. It removed many of the best features of the calendar: month view, 7 day view, the ability to zoom to show the whole day at once. Total rubbish.

Posted via Android Central App

Get the aCalendar app. Blows the Google Calendar away. However, I do like the imagery for the new version showing the map and the background within the calendar itself.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Those of you who don't like the changes in Google Calendar, why don't use just use the Samsung Calendar app? I prefer it to Google's myself, but even if you preferred Google before, if you don't like the update, Samsung seems like a better alternative and it's free and built-in.