temporary root? i just want to fix proximity sensor

stinfo

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
i have the dust proximity sensor issue. no sense in cleaning it, because it will come back and i would rather modify files to change calibration but i need root access.

is there a way to temporarily root the note 3 so i can modify files? i don't want to permanently root my phone and would like to keep it stock.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, I opened it a few days ago to fix this, a quick air blast in the housing and adc value went from 100 to 55.

Not sure about temporary root, but there is claim about rooting while not triggering Knox. I am not comfortable to try that.

@T-Mobile GN3

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
If you're on 4.4.2, either towelroot or Kingo root will root without tripping KNOX. With both you can unroot just as easily.

kentuc794

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Once you root though you will not receive any updates because it modifies your system files. So updates will fail at 27%

kentuc794

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I used kingo on the first update and had to go to the Samsung kiosk at best buy to get the 4.4.2 update to install. This time I used towelroot and it is failing at the same point. So it does not matter on what you use. If you root it modifies your system files and will not allow you to update.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I used kingo on the first update and had to go to the Samsung kiosk at best buy to get the 4.4.2 update to install. This time I used towelroot and it is failing at the same point. So it does not matter on what you use. If you root it modifies your system files and will not allow you to update.

My apologies, since you have tried it, I guess you're right. I falsely assumed that their unroot function would restore the system to what it was before.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2