Why won't my Note 3 connect to web pages unless I am on wifi?

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Web page not available

Hi folks. First time samsung owner so apologies if this is something real simple. Bought a samsung note 3 on Vodafone but had it unlocked so I could use my giff gaff (O2) SIM card. The phone will connect to wifi no problems and all that but won't connect to web pages when not connected to wifi. The following comes up:

The server at *website* can't be found because the DNS look up failed. This error is most often caused by having no connection or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or firewall preventing internet from accessing the network."

Anyone experienced this before? Can anyone help me in sorting this out?
Any help much appreciated

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Web page not available

Is that happening for all data connections or just web pages? You might just need to update your configuration for mobile data (since you have an unlocked phone, this might have be done manually for the new carrier).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Web page not available

Usually you can just call your carrier and they send the configuration via SMS, but if they don't do that, then a they'd have to either give you the right configuration (APN) via phone to do it yourself or take it to a carrier store to have them configure it for you.

Or you could look up the configuration online. A lot of those are readily available if you search for your carrier and APN configuration on Google.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital