Need advice on loose cable/chargeport on note 3.

iDred

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that my note 3 wasn't charging and charging very slowly.

While troubleshooting it the charge would go on and off when moving the cable around in the charge port, slight movements will turn it on or off and even when charging it may charge slowly.

What I have done to charge fast all the time is lean the phone against the wall so that it is leaning on the cable and this must push the contacts together better. But how long will this work for?

So it must be the cable or port, but which one?

Here is the other problem, while I still have 1 month warranty left on my phone I am not in USA but in Bangkok, so I will not be able to warranty anything here.

How would you guys recommend to trouble shoot this problem? I see I can replace the charge port on the phone and I have the technical skills to do that.

Should I first replace the USB 3.0 cable, or is it almost always the port and don't waste money on a new cable?

Thanks

defdc

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
The OEM USB 3 cable with my Verizon note did exactly as you described. It worked with other cables. I used this as an excuse to warranty the phone because it had other issues.

New cable and new* phone solved the problem for me.

I heard I could probably get Samsung to warranty the cable, but I haven't bothered.

iDred

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes!, I tried a usb 2.0 cable that I had laying around. Works perfectly now.

So it was not a bad port but a bad USB 3.0 cable.

I would personally warranty the cable if I was back home in USA but I may just miss the warranty period as I may not be back by mid January.

Happy that my phone charges normally as I'm in Asia now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty