How do I play a CD on my Galaxy Note 3 ? (KIES on Win8.1 is not seeing my phone)

ship69

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello

How do I play music from my (legit) CD on my Galaxy Note 3 mobile phone?

I just want to play a CD on my phone in the simplest possible way... (This is driving INSANE !!)

I tried KIES 3. But KIES cant see my phone! I also tried Windows Media Player...

HARDWARE:

- My laptop is: Samsung Series 7 Ultra Notebook (model: NP740U3E-S04UK), running Windows 8.1 (x64)

- CD/DVD player: Samsung Portable DVD Writer (Model SE-208)

- My phone is: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (model: SM-N9005) (running Android 4.4.2)

I have tried the following:
- When I connect the phone to the dock, the battery appears to be charging. And a message saying "the dock is connected" plus a dock icon appears in the top line of the mobile phone.
- On my PC I tried completely un-installing, rebooting and re-downloading and re-installing Samsung KIES 3.
- I tried rebooting both my phone and my PC.
- I tried connecting via a docking station (that has the wide "2-in-1"? connectors).
- I tried all 3 of the different USB ports on my laptop.

However KIES 3 can not see the phone. Nor from within Windows Explorer can I see any sign of the phone being connected !

Nightmare. I

Any suggestions?

With thanks

J

P.S. When I insert the CD into my Samsung Portable DVD Writer (Model SE-208) I eventually managed to get Windows Media Player to "rip" a copy of the the CD music/voice content into the library. But it's EXTREMELY SLOW and it is processing the data at only about 3 or 4 times the playing speed!

But even after I have 'ripped' my CD into the Windows Media Library... how the heck do I get the data into my phone? (!!)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You can upload your music to Google Play Music website and then pin it to your device from the Google Play Music app on Android.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Try a different USB cable. I have this one USB cable that when I plug my note 3 into my laptop with it it starts charging but my laptop does not see the device at all. When I use a different USB cable the laptop finds my note 3 in a matter of seconds

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try a different USB cable. I have this one USB cable that when I plug my note 3 into my laptop with it it starts charging but my laptop does not see the device at all. When I use a different USB cable the laptop finds my note 3 in a matter of seconds
The one that doesn't work is probably from a device that doesn't transfer data via USB (like wireless headphones). It only needs charging, so why waste relatively expensive copper on two wires that the device doesn't need? Multiply that by tens of thousands of cables and it impacts the company's bottom line.

(I want a cable with data wires only, so I can do data transfer without charging the battery when it doesn't need a charge, and my hands aren't steady enough any longer to solder to a microUSB connector.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21