Is Bluestacks for PC based on Samsung Galaxy Note 3?? Or have I been HACKED??

Roger Miller1

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I use Bluestacks on my pc in order to emulate Whatsapp. I downloaded Whatsapp apk through my gmail account enabling app sync on Bluestacks and my Google Play account. This morning I was asked to review my account due to suspicious (recent) activity. After confirming the security codes and questions to enable my gmail account once more, I decided to look into the security features of my gmail account to see which devices have been connected to or tried to access my account and notices a picture of a SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 with the description "SAMSUNG-SM-N900A" below it with an online status which was synced to my gmail account.
(copy pasted the note)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Last synced: January 1, 2015 at 11:38 PM
Find your Android devices with Android Device Manager

I attempted to locate the device but was unable to do so due to fact its google location feature was not enabled. It also gave me the options to ring the device and or lock and erase all data.

(copy pasted info)

SAMSUNG-SM-N900A

Contacting your device...

Ring

Enable Lock & Erase

But it was unable to contact the device but when I ring it the bluestack app begins to ring..... I am confused if I have been hacked or indeed the bluestacks emulator uses Samsung Note 3 for whatsapp purposes and automatically syncs with my gmail account... Any info regarding this issue will be very appreciated, Thanks!!

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Well Bluestacks has to show as some type of device if you connect to google play to download apps of course or you wouldn't be able to download apps to it. Which device it shows as can vary. It historically has been some type of samsung device, usually a galaxy, and usually is a Tmobile version, but of course they could have randomized the carrier now or switched it to ATT to avoid easy detection.

If you rang the device in question and bluestack rang, I think that already answered your question pretty definitively so I'm not sure why you still asked. But you can also check the date the device was first registered on google and see if that matches your bluestacks install date. You can also go into your gmail and check your account activity (link is at the bottom of the screen) to see if someone logged in that was not you. But you already answered your own question when the device rang.

jocm1508

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Hello...I've used different versions of BlueStacks and with the last 3rd that I've used it has been 3 different Samsung Galaxy smartphones. For example, I've seen BlueStacks as Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S5 & Galaxy Note 3. So, I don't think you've been hacked.

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
BlueStacks shows up as a SAMSUNG device... Each one is for ech time you may have installed BlueStacks somewhere.

Plus the UI looks similar doesn't it?

You have to have BlueStacks open for it to be connectable to; if you try to call it it will work, but you will not be able to turn it off (apparently it will be registered with O2 UK as well); also locking and erasing will work too.

Mitchell Doucette

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
lol i have bluestacks for mac on my 2011 11" air (sorry android fans, and guess what? i have an iphone 7 too and on my google account info it says galaxy S5. and when i clicked ring, and lock, the bluestacks app rang and a message popped up. so it indeed probaby uses common android devices as emulators.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams