How to add custom notification sounds to email?

WolfWarrior619

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Im using the Samsnung Galazy Note 3 and Im trying to add a custom notification sound I got from the app, "Notification Ringtones". There was no option to change email notifications in the app so I went Settings > Sound > Email > "email address" > Select Ringtone. There is no "Add" button. Just "Cancel", "Ok". Some custom ringtones already show in the list but not the ones I want of course.

I have a screenshot but I cant post it on here for some reason.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I recently started experimenting with Lightflow. The app not only enables custom LED settings for various apps, but for email per this thread's topic, Lightflow also provides options to choose from Notification, Phone, Alarm, and Music/Audio sounds.

I just checked and there is support for the native Samsung email app in Lightflow for the Notification sound options listed above. I haven't yet tried it, but may be an option to dig into further.

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
You'll have to put the ringtone file into the file yourself.open up your file system and find the downloaded ringtone then move it to the folder where the other ringtones are.

Posted via Android Central App

James_Watson

Banned
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Where is the folder that we have to put our custom ringtone file into? And what file format should our custom ringtone be?
It seems that we can not find these folders via My Files on unrooted device.

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Where is the folder that we have to put our custom ringtone file into? And what file format should our custom ringtone be?
It seems that we can not find these folders via My Files on unrooted device.

The folder is called notifications. It's right inside my files. Go to your download folder in my files after downloading the ringtone to your
phone..then move the mp3 to the folder called notifications in my files. I tested it again just to make sure. Unfortunately it still only lets me have one sound per account.

No root required

James_Watson

Banned
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I found a folder named with Notifications in Device storage. There is not any items till now.
Let me copy a mp3 file into the folder and have a try.
Thank you very much. :)

ThomGirl

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by James Watson

The folder is called notifications. It's right inside my files. Go to your download folder in my files after downloading the ringtone to your
phone..then move the mp3 to the folder called notifications in my files. I tested it again just to make sure. Unfortunately it still only lets me have one sound per account.

No root required

THIS WORKED GREAT THANKS! :):):):):):):)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad