Display is not working ?

Amila Suraj

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I fell in sea with my note 3 in pants may be about 2 or 3 seconds. Afterwards I dried it up in AC and turned it on. Everything works except the display. Even the touch is working. Kies also recognizes it so I backed-up all my data. Is there anyway I can factory reset it or do any recovery with or without kies ? Do I need to replace the entire LCD screen with housing ? Please help me.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello.
You were clever and lucky to get your data off via Kies so quickly.
I don't know how long it has been out of the water, but it's generally recommended as vital to seperate the back cover, battery, sim card and sd card (if applicable) and either:

a) seal it in a bag of uncooked rice for 24 - 48 hours before attempting to use it -

You may be very lucky (only 2-3 seconds as you say) but there will be impurities in any water that affect the circuitry over time.

b)
So more knowledgeable electronics people recommend the other urgent fix of immersing the device in Isopropyl Alcohol which is easily commercially available in a mildly diluted state, though a higher purity solution is more preferable if you have access to it.

Good news of sorts is in either case the electonics would normally function within 48 hours of rescue, and the screen would take longer to clear of blotches / patches etc, around 5 days.

Now that you have rescued it I would urge you to leave the phone in Isopropyl Alcohol if possible, it helps clear the impurities left behind and short circuit the motherboard or whatever. (failing that rice to further dry it).

I am only regurgitating badly what I remember from several long threads on similar mishaps. Someone more knowledgeable can advise you better.

My knowing all this didn't stop me getting home late 4 weeks ago, going straight to run a bath, wait until the water was running hot and about 6 inches deep, leaning down still in my coat to feel the temperature, wondering why this large slim black thing was sliding down one side of the bath, through the water, up the other side, back down where I was about to reach out to figure what I had put in my breast pocket that I don't usually - when my other phone, a Moto G, decided to go for a similar wet slalom and join my Samsung Note 3 in the water. They both only went through once and were ok.

We will all do it at some point!