Hardware issue.

Simon Strauss

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I bought a Note 3 with a charging issue. The ex owner says it didn't power one morning and refused to charge.

I search on the web and found lots of fixes to this issue. From the toothbrush to forced charge using a old usb cable or 9v battery. It's pretty obvious that if I'm here they were not enough. What put me onto the right track was a youtube video of a dude who had a usb connector problem and striped the usb wired, not to connect straight on the battery but on the wireless charger pins as they are connected to the battery as well.

I tough it could come from the pin connector, and grabbed my multimeter to check for a continuity from the pin connector to the wireless pins.
here is what I found out:

Red is open circuit Black is closed (being french it was first posted on a french website)
sketch-1421335677243.jpg

Investigating further this is what I see:
sketch-1421336056901.jpg

Up to now it could have been a dead pin connector or soldering of the positive lead. But here we go, it would have been too simple! :-D
The positive is still connected to somewhere apparently:
sketch-1421337430626.jpg

Anyone have a idea of the actual problem?
Any help will be more than welcome!

Simon Strauss

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello!
I received new batteries that tested out to be good but still the phone doesn't turn on.
Anyone having a Note 3 could at least test on their unit to tell me if what I've shown in my previous post is the actual problem?
Is there a way to fix the motherboard or do we have to change the whole thing?
Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It may be a motherboard problem. I am not sure if boards can be repaired, so be prepared to replace it.

From an AOSP M8

Simon Strauss

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks this is what I tough but I'm a cheap *** and I'd prefer to solder back only the broken pieces... Motherboard are expensive! ;)
It's too bad the motherboard isn't segmented.
Like the charging port is separated from the motherboard, if all main parts were separated it would be great. Sad to change cpu/gpu/memory and such if it only minor ic damaged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol