Samsung Galaxy note 3 battery draining fast

Tec boy

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
my note 3 battery is not that good at all, before i had a Samsung galaxy s5 and that battery was better then my note 3 and my brother he had a note 3 when it came out and his battery lasted longer too. Also am on 5.0 from light game play about 5 mins and i watch you tube everyday and the battery goes from 100% too 75 after watching 3 vids about 25 mins long and my s5 100% to 90 and watching 3 vids about 25 mins. So i dont know what happing my screen brightness on about 3 or 10% and its the same settings i had on my 5 and note 3 can any one help? do i need a new battery because this is a second-hand phone and its 1 year 3 months and 9 days old

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Since you got the phone used, you're right--the battery might not be as robust as the others you mention. Other factors include signal strength (poor signal drains battery) and SD card corruption (so try unmounting and removing your SD card and see if the drain persists).

Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html