Gallery causing battery drain after at&t update

Gerard Jr

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I recently started having a battery issue. After the latest AT&T update which was about 2 weeks ago I noticed gallery is using an excessive amount of my battery every day. It averages around 60 percent of my battery use by the end of the day. I have started to force stop the gallery and use a separate app to view my photos but the gallery still uses too much battery. I have to force stop the gallery app at least four or five times a day in order to keep it from completely killing my battery in a matter of only an hour.

Has anyone else noticed this issue or is there a method where I can completely stop the gallery from restarting Permanently?

Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would try this: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11443

Use the hardware keys to get to the Android recovery menu, but instead of doing a reset, there should be a wipe cache partition option. click that instead.

Edit: there should be no need to back up data, as a cache wipe doesn't remove that kind if data.

Also, if you are using an SD card, you might want to try removing that for a day or so to see if that improves.

Gerard Jr

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for information. I started with removing the sd card and doing a soft reset. Seams to have fixed the problem for now. If it continues I will try a hard reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes