Anker Battery??? Opinion?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As good as. You can buy a "Samsung" cheaper, but I have no idea if they real Samsungs, if they've been sitting on the shelf for a year (which shortens their life) or what. Anker sells fresh batteries, they're going to be there if there's a problem and they have a nice 2 battery, one charger deal (so you can swap batteries when the one in the phone hits 40% if you're not where you can charge it) and have working batteries when the phone is a museum piece (like my Motorola V551 - still going after more than 10 years on the OEM batteries). Hyperion is pretty good too. I used a pair of them in my old Precedent. They're still good.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the anger one for so long that I can't remember how the Samsung one is to compare. Although, I love that I can just slap on a new anger battery every time one dies :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Your batteries die? My 10 year old V551 batteries are still going strong. Never discharge below 40%. (Which is why I always carry a spare - if the one in the phone gets down to 40% and I can't charge, I swap batteries.) Long term storage at 40%, and check at least every 3 months. Never freeze. Never get over a temperature you're comfortable in. Then you'll throw the phone out before you need another battery - my V551 is going for about $20 on Craig's List when I see them, in perfect condition. It was the top of the line phone when it came out. (It still makes phone calls and has a 640X480 camera, so if I might "lose" it or damage it, that's the one I take. Cheaper to replace than a Note 3. Definitely not a daily phone. I want my Note 3 batteries to last until it sells for $20 on Craig's List.)

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Your batteries die? My 10 year old V551 batteries are still going strong. Never discharge below 40%. (Which is why I always carry a spare - if the one in the phone gets down to 40% and I can't charge, I swap batteries.) Long term storage at 40%, and check at least every 3 months. Never freeze. Never get over a temperature you're comfortable in. Then you'll throw the phone out before you need another battery - my V551 is going for about $20 on Craig's List when I see them, in perfect condition. It was the top of the line phone when it came out. (It still makes phone calls and has a 640X480 camera, so if I might "lose" it or damage it, that's the one I take. Cheaper to replace than a Note 3. Definitely not a daily phone. I want my Note 3 batteries to last until it sells for $20 on Craig's List.)

sometimes battery does get damaged from various event (like a bad drop). For most part, battery loses capacity overtime. My original note 3 battery lost 15-25% of capacity in 14 months. I still have it, and it can still be used to provide me 3-5 hr sot and can last me over a day and half with my usage.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I usually go for Anker battery but I've decided to go for J&P 4200mAh High Capacity batteries for both my Note 3 and Note 2; ordered them via Amazon UK so will report back when I've had chance to get them charged and used for a few days and see how well they last in comparison to the OEM battery

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers