Dust in front facing camera

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
So for the last couple of months I've been noticing that the pictures I take with the front camera are really grainy. After close inspection I noticed that there is dust on the other side of the glass in my front facing camera, and when I say dust old don't mean a few specs, Ita completely filled. Is there any way I can clean off this dust?

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Only by opening your phone. I'm guessing at some point something cracked open just enough to let lint and dust in (I've seen it happen a lot on Nokia devices, especially). You can try blowing compressed air into the device (while it's off and battery removed) through as many openings as you can find and see if the dust seems to move. If not, the only way would be to open the device, removing the lens, and cleaning it.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
The phone is just over a year old so warranty ran out recently :/ I think it may be because I had dropped my phone and there's a small dent in the top right corner on the chrome bezel. It doesn't look like dust would get inside from that though

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech