Info: Battery fully charged - unplug etc. - Waking me up!

2ndHalfCor

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I use my phone as my night clock. Clock Plus daydream mode allows the phone to show a nice dim analog clock at my bedside while my Note 3 charges during the night. At least, that was the case until the Lollipop update. Now, when the the phone is charged, after I've gone to sleep, I get an annoying system notification, lighting up the room and telling me the phone is fully charged and I should unplug the charger (as if my electric bill is going to be even a buck lower by unplugging a charger that is hardly drawing any electricity when the battery is fully charged)! Blocking mode used to block system notifications, but, alas, no more blocking mode. We only have Interruptions which, even when fully on, still allows this annoying system notification to come through. It can't be turned off. Nope, no more using my Note 3 as a night clock.

Honestly, this is why Samsung is losing to Apple. Apple would not do this to its users. If it did, it would get so much bad press that there would be an update in short order. But in searching the net, this is a problem that has been out there for some time without a fix (that I can find) and there is no indication Samsung even cares.

As much as I love my Note 3, I just can't take any more of these little glitches that Samsung ignores. Back to my iPhone, or maybe even my BlackBerry. Honestly, BB10 does night mode better than any of them. Maybe I can put the Note on a separate line and keep it in my bag for note-taking as a mini tablet. But as my primary device, I've had enough. Life is too short.

Someone tell me they have an easy fix. And please don't tell me to root and flash a different ROM. I've been that route in the past and every new ROM just adds more problems than it fixes. (Can you tell I'm irritated?)

/rant-mode off

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
FYI, mine does the same thing with the OEM desk dock and the factory clock, so it's not just a problem with Clock Plus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz