I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. When I play music on it, there is noticeable white noise. How do I get rid of it?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. When I play music on it, there is noticable white noise.

I have tried everything I can think of. I have installed all the recommended 3rd party players (Neutron, Poweramp). I tried turning off the Adapt Sound in the regular media player. I tried turning the sound on my phone up and the sound on the speaker down, and turning the sound on the speaker up and the sound on the phone down and no dice. It is driving me nuts. I just want to listen to music at my desk and in my car and I can because of this issue.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. When I play music on it, there is noticable white noise.

Is the noise coming out of the speaker phone, the headphones, bluetooth audio...? If this is an MP3 file, have you checked that the same file doesn't produce the same noise in a different phone or in a computer?

AnnieFran

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. When I play music on it, there is noticable white noise.

Yes, it is an MP3 file, and yes I checked it and several other files. I played them all using both the bluetooth and using a direct Aux cable connection on both a desktop, stand alone speaker and on the speakers connected to my computer, and the same thing happened in all the files and via both connections. I have seen several places where others are having this issue with the Note 3, but I don't see where anyone gave a direct answer of whether or not it is fixable, and if so, how.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781