Why won't my Note 3 accept my Pin?

Mariam Alhashmi

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Problem with unlocking my samsung note 3 using Android Device Manager

Hi,
I have changed my samsung note 3 pin. When I tried to enter the new pin it says its wrong although I am sure of my new pin.
My phone is registired with android device manager. I went to the website and successfully locate and ring my device. Then I tried to lock my phone and enter the new password. However, when I enter the new password in my samsung note 3 and which is the same password I have selected in the android device manager website, again it says the password is wrong. please help me. I dont want to end up with doing a format and loosing my photos.

I assumed that the keyboard was in the second language when I entered the new pin, so I tried to do the same but with no luck.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Problem with unlocking my samsung note 3 using Android Device Manager

If you have a carrier I would just go there and see if they could get you into phone. That is the only way I would see you not having to do any kind of reformat...I don't even know how you could do that with out the password... Your service provider is probably your only option.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

This has been reported a few times recently with ADM.
No solution, but it worked OK when I did it.

Just in case, try it with the phone off, set a new lock and a pin (not password) as well as entering a contact number to put a call button on the screen. (You can put a message on the screen if you want).

Give it a little while, turn on the device, wait for the new lock to activate, press the dial button to bring up the screen pad (a fake number to hang up on is fine) and enter a the new pin (I used 5 digits). Go to the Lock Screen setting and set to swipe.

This method may have no basis in reality, but I don't think the last person I walked through did it correctly.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Hi,
I have changed my samsung note 3 pin. When I tried to enter the new pin it says its wrong although I am sure of my new pin.
My phone is registired with android device manager. I went to the website and successfully locate and ring my device. Then I tried to lock my phone and enter the new password. However, when I enter the new password in my samsung note 3 and which is the same password I have selected in the android device manager website, again it says the password is wrong. please help me. I dont want to end up with doing a format and loosing my photos.

I assumed that the keyboard was in the second language when I entered the new pin, so I tried to do the same but with no luck.
Hi Mariam, sorry we couldn't help more.

Are you on Lollipop now?
I am trying to find a common theme.

Welcome to Android Central btw.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon