Too many contacts

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Linked from G+. I have over 300 linked contacts from multiple contacts. It only seems to happen with people with g+ accounts. Any idea why this is happening and how to get them all just to one entry per contact?

Posted via Android Central App

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
If you go into your Google + app on your phone and go to settings and then account settings, you will see Contacts. Click on that and then there is a box under that you can uncheck to "keep contacts up to date." Now since you already have them imported from Google +, I don't know whether that will remove the ones already there, but it will stop it from adding any more.

If the previous ones remain after unchecking that and re-syncing (you might try rebooting too), then go to your contact settings (in the phone app) and try either changing "contacts to display" or linking or deleting individual contacts.

If none of that works and the contacts remain, I would export contacts and make sure you have a backup. Then delete all contacts and import a modified list of only the contacts you want. Make sure you have that G+ setting unchecked first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12