Can I get Lollipop on an Unlocked Note 3?

A

AC Question

Lolipop on an Unlocked Note 3

I have a note 3 and it is unlocked. I am using straight talk on it. How can i get the lolipop?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Lolipop on an Unlocked Note 3

IF its carrier branded it must be active on their network.
So if its TMO then you would need TMO service on it and on their network to push out the OTA.
IF its ATT unlocked on TMO network then No as its not active with an ATT sim card.
However if you hook it up to a computer and use KIES you should be able to update the software via the computer.

fkroll

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lolipop on an Unlocked Note 3

Same thing here!
I own an N-900 that I bought in Best B. USA
Currently I'm in Argentina , using a MOVISTAR (Carrier) sim
Should I get the update via KIES??

thanks!!!!!

fkroll

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
another little question.......... reading about Lollipop issues......, is convenient to upgrade ????? or better stay where I am.......??????

thaaaanksssss

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
another little question.......... reading about Lollipop issues......, is convenient to upgrade ????? or better stay where I am.......??????

thaaaanksssss

I'm very happy with the upgrade but I also did a factory reset after. This is a major upgrade code-wise so although you don't have to do a factory reset if you don't want to, it is wise to prepare for one before hand in case you experience any problems. I have the T-mobile version. While other carriers and unlocked non-carrier phones will be similar, there may be either problems or benefits that differ between the versions.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Results vary widely.
I have an HTC One M8 that ran beautfully on 4.4.4 and now on Lollipop im wishing i had not done the upgrade.
However my Samsung Note 3 running Lollipop is running great.