Screen shots on Lollipop

fkroll

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to get a snapshot using the double tap on the screen, while holding pressed the S-pen button, but It's not working
Instead of that I'm getting the Action memo pop-up
does snapshots methods change in Lollipop from Kitkat???

:p

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to get a snapshot using the double tap on the screen, while holding pressed the S-pen button, but It's not working
Instead of that I'm getting the Action memo pop-up
does snapshots methods change in Lollipop from Kitkat???

:p

Just select Screen right now and it will take the screen shot. Just don't write on the screen and click the check mark to save.

[Android™ 5.0, Lollipop] How do I take screenshots on my Samsung Galaxy Note® 4? : Sprint Cell Phones | Samsung

fkroll

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the response, but I didn't unsterstand.....

"Just select Screen right now".......
do you mean selecting Screen write , on Air Command??????

thanksssssss

Last edited:

fkroll

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
oks I know that way
but when we are in Kitkat, you can also take a snapshot pressing de S-pen button and double cliking at any part of the screen......

may be it's a change been made at Lollipop

thankkkkkksssssss

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
oks I know that way
but when we are in Kitkat, you can also take a snapshot pressing de S-pen button and double cliking at any part of the screen......

may be it's a change been made at Lollipop

thankkkkkksssssss

Yeah I think that Samsung was trying to make things easier with less options. I just swipe my palm over the screen to do a screen shot.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
It's not technically a lollipop change - it's a change Samsung made between the Note 3 and Note 4. The good news is that Samsung integrated all the great new S-pen features the Note 4 has into the lollipop update for the Note 3, so now it behaves like the Note 4 (whether running 4.4.4 or 5.x).

There are now 3 ways to take a screen shot. Press and hold simultaneously the Home and Power buttons, use Screen Write in Air Command, enable the Palm Swipe feature.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have those 3 on 4.4.2. But I seem to have extra Air Command features apart from those on the pop up dial.

I post because I also discovered today a Share option to Clipboard, which I will swear blind was not there before.
I don't know if Samsung are updating things via Galaxy Apps or sneaking in to my bedroom.

d7e37ee01cc5ac22cb3665af9c7c215d.jpg
14e572cc06fb8b94f5ed99cc81c62e09.jpg

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Madd, they're definitely sneaking into your bedroom to gather all your screenshots. :eek:

Those screenshot options I mentioned have always been available but before the change to the "note-4-like" s-pen features you could also take a screenshot just with the s-pen, which is what the OP was missing.

Um, ok, I won't tell you the share to clipboard feature has been there then.... :D

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't remember a double tap to Screenshot way, maybe on Jelly Bean, but yes I can do it with the Air Command Screen Write thing, plus the palm motion if on, or I just use the old fashioned power and home that my grandaddy taught me.

I never got 4.4.4 so Samsung are screwing with our minds, well mine anyway.

Seems there are some Note 4 features to be positive about when Lollipop comes to South London later this century.

Thanks for that.