Why won't my screen stop jumping?

andrusalo

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
why won't my screen stop jumping?

Hello, I have a Samsung Note 3, everything was going great, until a few days ago that my screen started to go crazy. It keeps jumping up and down. Yes I can write, read, and use every button... but it's very annoying and distracting.

The phone has fallen a few times,idk if that has anything to do with it... I also recently upgraded to lollypop, which could also be that. Thanks for any help provided

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: why won't my screen stop jumping?

Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by jumping up and down? Does it look like something is trying to scroll it? Does it happen on the homescreen or within apps?

Have you already tried rebooting? How about a cache partition wipe? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11017

andrusalo

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Thanks! And no, it's not like it's trying to scroll, it's more like it's having a seizure. It happens in all apps and in home screen.

It only calms down (for a few secs) when I turn off and on the screen. The only app it won't jump as much, is with Clash of Clans and even then it does.

I have not tried anything yet to fix the problem... I really have no idea as to what to do..

Posted via the Android Central App

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

yes. make sure your contacts and other important things are backed up like pics and calendar. if its acting like its having a seizure i would venture to guess its something with the digitizer. maybe a ribbon got knocked loose on a drop or something of that sort. that can be a fairly pricey fix. id try the factory reset first but i have a funny feeling that its the digitizer or some hardware issue.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

i dropped my phone on its backside and the screen didnt crack but the digitizer did and boom, no picture. so after that i have realized how sensitive the digitizers can be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908