How does Multi Window work??

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I took the Lollipop upgrade yesterday and have been playing with the new arrangements but I cannot figure how Multi Window works.
I open it in settings and it shows itself once on the screen and that's it!
It says swipe down from the top corners ----- nothing!
What am I missing?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size Does Matter!"

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
https://youtu.be/vPMdCr9k6xk

Hey. I saw your Verizon post. Holding the back button I think. Have you reset, or its looking good as is?

I took the download yesterday!
I pulled the SD card and cleared the cache partition then took the 2 part download which took about an hour.
I Did Not ~ Will Not do a factory reset!! 😠👎
It's running very smooth, quick and my battery only lost 3% overnight.
The only thing I don't like is all the teal and white backgrounds!
And I still can't get Multi Window to work, (although I never use it.)
And I Hate the new S Voice!
Let me know how it goes with your device! 👍😉

"Size Does Matter!"

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I was watching Verizon posts after the AC blog yesterday said Verizon were rolling the Note 3 update in the next 5 days.

Hopefully jpr or somebody can help later if the Verizon video didn't work for you.

A lot of new stuff to take in. I might start to like it if I also can live with the white.

BTW I couldn't see a way to backup Action Memos except sharing to the Gallery or elsewhere. I don't have many.

No sign of it for me.

I think with the KitKat update , my old mate Spencerdl did a clever tidy up before updating and didn't do a reset, so hopefully that should be enough for you.

I reset my Moto G a second time yesterday (thinking of selling it), then reset it today but Google and Motorola Backup and Restore didn't restore apps like I think they did a few months ago.

I am not too bothered with this one, but it definitely is a PITA, so I will try not to reset my Note 3 either.

Stay posting, but give it some time.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I was watching Verizon posts after the AC blog yesterday said Verizon were rolling the Note 3 update in the next 5 days.

Hopefully jpr or somebody can help later if the Verizon video didn't work for you.

A lot of new stuff to take in. I might start to like it if I also can live with the white.

BTW I couldn't see a way to backup Action Memos except sharing to the Gallery or elsewhere. I don't have many.

No sign of it for me.

I think with the KitKat update , my old mate Spencerdl did a clever tidy up before updating and didn't do a reset, so hopefully that should be enough for you.

I reset my Moto G a second time yesterday (thinking of selling it), then reset it today but Google and Motorola Backup and Restore didn't restore apps like I think they did a few months ago.

I am not too bothered with this one, but it definitely is a PITA, so I will try not to reset my Note 3 either.

Stay posting, but give it some time.

I will try to keep replying to this post with reports!
Take Care!

"Size Does Matter!"

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
1. Go into phone settings and turn Multi-window to on. You can find this switch under the Display settings, or it has its own button within the button cascade, accessed to the right of the setting symbol in the pulldown.

2. Multi-window only works with certain apps. For illustration purposes open up your contacts with which it will work. Swipe from one of the top corners of the screen in a diagonal direction to the opposite lower screen corner. Begin your swipe above the visible screen in that portion of the glass where there is nothing visible, except for the Samsung logo).
(If too low, you will just do a pulldown of the notification bar. ).
Your contacts will now shrink into a small window in the bottom corner of your screen. You can now open a second app, which will fill the rest of the screen. By holding down on the button on the top of the contact window, you can drag that windowa and place it anywhere within the second app.

3. By tapping on the button at the top of the contact window, you will be given options to fully open the contacts to a full screen, close contacts entirely, or miniaturize the contact window into a screen button, which can be easily reopened into a small window again. There is even an option to copy content from one window to another.

4. If you attempt to put an application into a small window by doing the diagonal swipe, you may get a message that Multi-window isn't allowed for that app. Just select another. I think all of the apps within the hidden side screen app tray will work here. But you don't need to pull them from the tray to use this quick way of adding a second window. Actually, you can add almost any number of small windows. Just remember, you must open a compatible app, first, BEFORE you diagonally swipe it into a smaller window. You can than drag the windows around and either place them next to another window, or you can stack one on top of another. Tapping on any app will bring it to the top of the stack and make it now your active app.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
'...BTW I couldn't see a way to backup Action Memos except sharing to the Gallery or elsewhere. I don't have many...'

So I like you had problems with action memo as there is no more widget etc.
It's been merged into S note. You will find after the update to 5.0 indeed if you had action memos saved that if you pull out your Spen and click action memo then write as you normally do and save it you'll be able to view it in S note and you'll find your original action memo's as well... At least I did mine!
Good luck!

Posted via Android Central App