Can I fix my hard bricked Samsung Note 3?

Shalina R

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Hard bricked Samsung note 3

My samsung note 3 is hard bricked, I've had someone try unbrick it using Jtag. But apparently it won't fix it.

Is my phone beyond repair or is there anyway of it being fixed, or will I have to buy a new one?

jxsilicon9

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Hard bricked Samsung note 3

What happened when they tried to unbrick it? Is the board/chip damaged?Take it to a service center or you can have Samsung repair it. It will probably be cheaper at a service center. They should be able to diagnose and figure out the problem. If the person that was trying to jtag it knew what they were doing and you can't write to the board at all. Then you would need to replace the logic board. That's one of the most expensive pieces right along with the LCD replacement. You can either get it new for $1XX or buy a similar one from a broken phone on Ebay that is still functional and replace it. Just make sure its the same model. Can you turn the phone on at all? Or is it stuck at the boot screen? Can you go into recovery mode?

spagman

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Hard bricked Samsung note 3

The note 3 cannot be jtagged because of hardware incompatibility.

A similar process to Jtag called emmc / ISP programming is used where programming is done directly to the emmc flash chip.

Jtag goes through the phone hardware (phones cpu) in order to write to the emmc chip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol