Why does mobile data drain my N9005's battery lightning fast?

yungplayz

May 8, 2015
Visit site
When I purchased my N9005 (and updated it to Lollipop same evening) a couple months ago, it lasted 2 full days with moderate usage.

But now mobile data drains is extremely super fast. For instance, today I left my home and took a city bus trip (in a city center, with perfect network coverage). Trip lasted like 20 minutes and I ended up losing 25% of charge. Then I turned the mobile data off and during the next hour I only lost 1% of charge, which is perfectly fine with me. Does anybody have a clue, what can cause an issue?

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: It started draining super fast with mobile data on exactly when the winter ended and the summer started (spring is extremely short where I live, like a week long at most). Maybe, that's just a coincidense.

Kc Anmol

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Recently many are reporting about the note 3 battery issues....does ur mob gets heated in this process?

Posted via the Android Central App

descartes

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
From time to time my SGN3 runs hot and battery life plummets. What causes this is a program called Gsiff Daemon which starts running for no obvious reason. To check if this is happening to you go to Settings, General, Battery to see what programs are sucking battery. Gsiff Daemon is present whe I have the problem. I have not been able to find out why this happens or how to stop it occurring. I have found that I can stop the battery drain by closing down wifi, bluetooth and GPS then shutting down and restarting the phone. This seems to stop Gsiff Daemon although it may contonue to appear in the battery usage stats for a while longer.

I'm wondering if Gsiff Daemon has anything to do with Navigon GPS since the GPS signal seems to drop out frequently while using Navigon yet I can switch to Google Maps navigation and have no GPS problem.

yungplayz

May 8, 2015
Visit site
From time to time my SGN3 runs hot and battery life plummets. What causes this is a program called Gsiff Daemon which starts running for no obvious reason. To check if this is happening to you go to Settings, General, Battery to see what programs are sucking battery. Gsiff Daemon is present whe I have the problem. I have not been able to find out why this happens or how to stop it occurring. I have found that I can stop the battery drain by closing down wifi, bluetooth and GPS then shutting down and restarting the phone. This seems to stop Gsiff Daemon although it may contonue to appear in the battery usage stats for a while longer.

I'm wondering if Gsiff Daemon has anything to do with Navigon GPS since the GPS signal seems to drop out frequently while using Navigon yet I can switch to Google Maps navigation and have no GPS problem.

Thank you, but that doesn't seem to be my issue. Here is what I got there after letting my N9005 with mobile data on and Wi-Fi off overnight for the sake of experiment:

Android System 23%
VK 16%
Android OS 7%
Google Play services 6%
Screen 6%
BlaBlaCar 3%
Cell standby 3%
Bluetooth 2%
MyRoll 2%
Device idle 2%

Also, my battery's drain doesn't seem to be connected with GPS usage much. It strictly happens with mobile data on and doesn't happen with it off. No matter what else is on or off at the time.

yungplayz

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Recently many are reporting about the note 3 battery issues....does ur mob gets heated in this process?

Yes, it does, but I thought it may be connected with the hot weather, as that didn't happen a month ago when it snowed.
Also now I think, the cold weather outside just cooled the phone down and didn't let it overheat (obviously, I only use mobile network when outside), so the bug may have been there, but I just haven't met it.

Again, nothing else has changed prior to the bug's appearance, except for the air temparature raising from -10 to +25 by Celsium in 10 days.

yungplayz

May 8, 2015
Visit site
My assumption seems correct. It's getting colder outside no, it's like 7 degrees by Celcium colder during a couple last past days and the problem seems to be gone, as well as the phone doesn't overheat anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer