Why won't my NOTE 3 connect to my pc?

A

AC Question

NOTE 3 wont connect to pc

i bought a Note 3 and it worked fine but i couldnt connect to 4G. so i went and got a software installed(dont know exactly which one) in my phone after which 4G started working but now my phone doesnt connect to PC.. it charges but it doesnt show and i tried KIES as well but no luck..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: NOTE 3 wont connect to pc

Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by getting software installed? Was it a system update? Did you take it to the store to get something done?

When connected to the computer via USB, swipe down the notification panel and tap the USB connection notification. Make sure it's set to MTP.

If that doesn't help, then make sure the computer has the latest USB driver installed: Download Center: Download Software, Firmware, Drivers & Manuals | Samsung

Also try different USB cables, or plug it into a different USB port on the computer.

shipbuilder

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I've got the same problem. I have tried different USB ports and cables. I've also used code *#0808# to change from ? to MTP. There is no USB icon in the top bar and no oppurtunity to anything in the sertings drop down. I'm running lollipop and it's been a nightmare on my galaxy note 3: massive battery drain reducing charged time to less than 3 hours. I'm trying now to back up my phone and do the factory reset using kies 3 and or smart switch, but I can't get my pc and note 3 to communicate (same problem as listed in original post).