S Note issue: Do you pass my "dot line" test in S Note?

Emmanuel Papas

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I made a handy video here demonstrating the problem...
Please youtube:
"S Note skipping input issue with Note 3 after lollipop update"
because I can't post links.

Do you reproduce the issue?
I only noticed it after the lollipop update.

Any ideas?
Things I've tried:

1. Cleared the cache partition of the phone
  2. Adjusted the skew inside the stylus to add sensitivity (made it more sensitive but no help)
  3. Played with several S Pen settings

Thanks in advance.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: S Note issue: Do you pass my "dot line" test in S Note?

Welcome to Android Central.

If you could explain the problem rather than chase a video using data someone may help. As I understand it some Scrapbook and S-Note features have changed or been lost with Lollipop.

Emmanuel Papas

May 24, 2015
Visit site
On the "S Note" app, and Note 3 with lollipop, it skips a lot of strokes If you write quickly.
The stylus seems to work well with other applications.
On the video, I show how to reproduce the issue; you have to click once like when you're dotting the "i" then draw a stroke next to it immediately like a line..
For me it will skip the line if you do it fast enough.
So
dot, line;
Dot line,
dot line.
It never did it before the lolipop update.

Can someone please test this on a note 3 and S Note and please let me know?

Things I've done:
1Tested with another stylus..still repro.
2Still reproduce after clearing the system cache.
3made pen more sensitive- no help

Thanks In advance for any help.

ka4hre

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I am having this exact problem. It is SO annoying. I selected the Note 3 for the stylus. I had JUST gotten good at using S Note and then Lollipop comes along and the I can be writing the word “Samsung” for example and part of the ink just doesn’t register. ARRRGGGGHHHHHH!

LuxChristi

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Ditto! The dot line test is a good example. After every single "i" the next letter gets missed. SO annoying! I'm looking into alternative programs it's so bad.

Emmanuel Papas

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I contacted Samsung with their live text support they were extremely polite but not very knowledgeable... at the end they wanted to wipe my phone clean to rerout it.. I said no way as I hadn't backed up things I then told them to log the defect with the QA and development group they didn't want to do that... this is what you get when you outsource:(

jmd2119

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Same problem on three separate devices. Tried new styluses too. I also wiped my device and started from default and that did not work. I've been looking for a solution for months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34