Can I get some help with my Samsung Smart Switch on my Note 3?

Lk0ri

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Smart Switch Help --- Note 3

Hello, I am having trouble transferring all of my data from I0S to Android via Samsung Smart Switch. At first,Smart Switch was stuck on the "Connecting the device screen". I tried restarting my computer, reinstalling the program, and getting the latest drivers on my phone and my PC, but nothing was working, it was still stuck on that screen. Now however, every time i try to launch the program, it says " Close the previous version of Samsung UA, and then restart Smart Switch PC." and it won't launch. I couldn't find anything about Samsung UA, and have no idea what it is. Does anybody have an idea of what my problem could be?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Smart Switch Help --- Note 3

Something got stuck somewhere. Go to Control Panel/Programs and Features and uninstall the Samsung programs (not the driver, though). Then reinstall Smart Switch and try again.

redfoxl

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Check to see if you have a Software Utility Application (UA) and/or Software Upgrade Assistant (UA) for Samsung on your Note 3 possibly installed by your wireless provider. Close those programs before launching Samsung Smart Switch.

korenbdo

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
LkOri - Did you ever manage to get this to work. Getting all the same error message. Had eliminated all the Samsung "UA"s and it still generates the same message. Let me know and if you have it, great, otherwise I'll keep digging a bit longer. Thanks DOK

Mish65

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Has anyone figured out what the problem is? I really need to back up my phone before I do a factory reset. thanks

SamsungS4Fan

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue. Stumbled on the fix. Shut down the Verizon Software Update program which usually starts with windows. Usually you can do this by clicking on the lower right corner of your desktop a little up triangle "show hidden icons" (if not already shown on your task bar), and right click on the Verizon Software Update and close it. After I did that Samsung Switch started normally.

Last edited:

PapaSmurf777

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Amazing. This worked perfectly. I have a Note 4 that I was having trouble backing up with Smart Switch. I had the issue described at the top of this thread, and was only able to get Smart Switch to work if I restarted my computer. I did a factory reset to try to resolve an issue, then was unable to open Smart Switch to Restore the backup. Following SamsungS4Fan's advice to close Verizon Software Update in the bottom right corner, allowed me to open Smart Switch without restarting, and then I could Restore without trouble. Thank you!

LtCRock

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue. Stumbled on the fix. Shut down the Verizon Software Update program which usually starts with windows. Usually you can do this by clicking on the lower right corner of your desktop a little up triangle "show hidden icons" (if not already shown on your task bar), and right click on the Verizon Software Update and close it. After I did that Samsung Switch started normally.

Worked for me as well. Thanks for posting!

jimtrvl917

Mar 28, 2022
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but I really appreciate someone posting the solution! It worked perfectly, even 7 years past the initial post. Thanks again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer