How can I fix the error message Unfortunately Contacts has stopped?

A

AC Question

" Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped "

With increasing frequency when I attempt to use the keypad to make a call, after entering the first number, the keypad closes and I receive the, "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped" message.

This happens when:
- I go straight to the keypad to dial, and
- I go to Contacts and select the keypad.

I can select numbers already in my Contacts list and those in the log and they will dial successfully.

A *very* short-term work-around is to create a contact and dial from there... this isn't always possible, desirable, convenient or a long-term fix.

(I did search the site for info on this and apologize if I missed the answer.
I tried the Google+ clear contacts data and un-check the auto update.
I've done a soft restart and a hard restart.
I have not done a system reset or restored the prior Android version.)

AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3
SM-N900A
Android v. 5.0
Baseband v. N900AUCUEOC1
Kernel v. 3.4.0-4335446

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: " Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped "

Welcome to Android Central! Try going to the App Manager, select Contacts and Contact Storage, and Clear Cache. See if the problem persists.

If so, try wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9049

Ssands1

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Solution that worked for me...
Went to voice mail and deleted all voice mails in the box, and the already deleted voice mails...a two step operation....I have a Samsung GS5 VZ Lollipop OS 5.0 and did all the other cache clears data clears, reboots unload recent apps reloaded recent apps. so on and so forth that didn't work for me...but delete voicemails did...Go Figure

Posted via the Android Central App

Ellen Pattison

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

Solution that worked for me...
Went to voice mail and deleted all voice mails in the box, and the already deleted voice mails...a two step operation....I have a Samsung GS5 VZ Lollipop OS 5.0 and did all the other cache clears data clears, reboots unload recent apps reloaded recent apps. so on and so forth that didn't work for me...but delete voicemails did...Go Figure

Posted via the Android Central App

Ellen Pattison

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I had just stayed trying out the visual vm, and sheer that is when I started getting the error message. I erased vm -2 step process- and it fixed the problem! .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol