Galaxy Note 3 Used to Work on MHL Cable, But Not Any More. Why?

A

AC Question

Galaxy Note 3 Used to Work on MHL Cable, But Not Any More.

Hi

When I bought my first MHL cable from eBay, it worked perfectly on my Note 3. Now months later when I tried to use it, it didn't work anymore and when I plug it into my wife's Note 3 it works! So today I went to the shops and bought another one and hoping that this new one will work, but when I connected it, it was the same result, nothing is displaying on the tv.

One thing I have noticed between my wife's and my Note 3 is that the Kernel/Software version is different and both of us are using the same phone provider and both of the phone can't be updated any further.

One other possibility is my usb port is screwed.

So I am just wondering if any one here has experience the same problem?

Thanks
David.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 3 Used to Work on MHL Cable, But Not Any More.

Hi

When I bought my first MHL cable from eBay, it worked perfectly on my Note 3. Now months later when I tried to use it, it didn't work anymore and when I plug it into my wife's Note 3 it works! So today I went to the shops and bought another one and hoping that this new one will work, but when I connected it, it was the same result, nothing is displaying on the tv.

One thing I have noticed between my wife's and my Note 3 is that the Kernel/Software version is different and both of us are using the same phone provider and both of the phone can't be updated any further.

One other possibility is my usb port is screwed.

So I am just wondering if any one here has experience the same problem?

Thanks
David.

Welcome to Android Central!

What version of the OS are you running? and what version is she on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz