Samsung S6 back to Swipe unlock

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Can not get my Samsung Galaxy S6 to go back to just a "Swipe" to unlock screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm not trying to sound rude but maybe you should direct this question in the S6 category not the Note 3 category.
But if the S6 works like the
Note 3, you need to go to Settings>Phone>Lock Screen.
Then select "screen lock" choice at top. Swipe should be the first choice, at least it is on the Note 3.
Hope that helps!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 "Size Does Matter!"

DLW3555

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Opps ... Sorry. When I do take those steps, and go back to the lock screen settings, Swipe is gone! Not even an option.

This phones got to go back anyway. When on a call, it started cutting in and out, and the other person couldn't hear me, like if on mute. Now the only way I can use the phone is either on speakerphone, or use a Bluetooth headset. Maybe I should just switch back to my S4.

Posted via the Android Central App

spiritsoul

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
SOLVED: even if cleared credentials is grayed out.

Settings > Device: Screen Lock > Screen Lock > enter your PIN (that you are currently using) > OK, and it
brings you back to all the options, i.e. Swipe, Pattern, etc.

I think a lot of people (such as myself) were thinking that when you saw the PIN screen again you were going to set up a new PIN #. Not the case here, it just wants you to enter current PIN in order to change Lock Screen settings. I just happened to try it to see what it would do and it worked! ; )))

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463