Galaxy Note 3 memory storage issues

joekikas

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, thanks in advance. I find myself in a situation where online searching has not helped me yet solve my issues. Here is the issue
I have a verizon galaxy note 3 32GB. my issue is that I noticed my storage capacity and my storage left do not match. let me explain, According to my storage section of the settings, it shows that I have 32gb of data. Then it shows me the usual items that are using up storage like apps, pictures, videos, cached and miscellaneous files, etc. so here is the scoop, apps are taking up about 6.8GB, and miscellaneous files take up about another 6.8GB of memory including the "system memory" memory that is required for the phone, i get that. the rest of the files are mb worth of stuff. WHAT GIVES!!!
Where is half the memory??
i'll upload pics for visuals.
so anyways, this is really bugging me because i cannot, cannot figure out where half my memory went, so if anyone, anyone can help me i would appreciate it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-06-12-14-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-06-12-14-03.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_2015-11-06-12-14-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-06-12-14-13.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 3

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's odd... especially since the graph does show the 'right' amount of free space (over half of it is gray, see?).

Just out of curiosity, have you tried copying a large file to your phone? Like a movie or something? If you connect your phone to a PC and try to look at it's properties, does it give you the correct 'free space' information?

joekikas

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Okay, I plugged the phone into the computer and it's telling me the same thing. It's telling me that I have the same mb left of storage out of the 32gb of phone storage.

joekikas

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
an update to the information. I have found further information that leads me to believe it has to do something with log files that are for some reason hidden within the system memory. apparently the only way to access them is via a rooted phone or dialer codes, which verizon has them locked or something. anyways i need to access the system dump option via the dialer and this will supposedly clear up some memory. has anyone heard about this and knows a good way for me to do this? thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77