Unable to delete certain files on micro sd card on Note 3, but I do have write access. What do I do?

A

AC Question

Unable to delete "certain" files on micro sd card on Note 3, but I do have write access

I'm running stock 4.4.2 on a Rooted N9005 Note 3. I bought a Samsung Evo Pro 128gb Micro sd and all seemed fine until I tried to delete an episode of a tv series I'd just watched. I tried with Mx Player. Nothing. So I switched over to ES File Explorer. Same result. My Files (stock file manager)? Same again. The thing is, I'd read about there being issues with Kitkat write access but I've been able to delete other things from the card.

I've found other files and folders that refuse to be deleted but I'm also able to delete lots of others. On ES I get the message "THEMES" Cannot be deleted, where Themes was a folder I was trying to remove.

I've taken the card out and put it in my Windows PC and it's been able to delete these files.

The workarounds I've seen so far aren't working. I've tried the xposed module "Kitkat SD Card Full Access", SDFix from the play store. I've checked the card for errors.

It's formatted with the standard exfat, would there be any improvement if I were to reformat it to a different file system?

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried with the built-in "My Files" app? It's likely that you need a system level app to access stuff created with other apps, if all other standard methods have failed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463