Still a Good Buy?

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Depends on how much it costs. You don't have to pay much to get a great Android phone today, so you really shouldn't pay much to get a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 that likely won't get any more updates, ever again. The performance should still be decent, so should the battery life. The camera won't be great but won't be terrible either. It's still a good phone, just not worth a whole lot (in my opinion) especially since it's essentially end of line.

bo_woods

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Depends on how much it costs. You don't have to pay much to get a great Android phone today, so you really shouldn't pay much to get a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 that likely won't get any more updates, ever again. The performance should still be decent, so should the battery life. The camera won't be great but won't be terrible either. It's still a good phone, just not worth a whole lot (in my opinion) especially since it's essentially end of line.

Thanx

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'd have to agree with this. If you're willing to spend the extra money, the Note 4 is worth the jump.
Why? What does Note 4 offer that Note 3 doesn't? In addition, since the last update many experience severe lag with note 4. I think the Note 3 is fantastic.

darrylkid

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
To answer your question, yes, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is still an excellent phone as of 2016. Older phones tend to get cheaper because demand for them gets lower. Note 3 is at an attractive price now, but to be honest there are so many phones that came out this year within the budget $200 and $300 price range. For example, the One Plus X is a great phones that outperforms the Note 3 in benchmarks. If your in a higher budget range $400+, I highly suggest getting a high end phone like the LG v10. If you want to stick to the Samsung series, I suggest waiting for the Note 6 or the Samsung Galaxy S7. Ik the S7 will be certainly be released early this year.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I would get the Note 4 instead. The Note 3 is still a great phone, but it will no longer be getting operating system or security upgrades. Unless it was free, spend the difference and get the Note 4. For me, the Note 5 isn't an option without a removable battery or SD slot.

Posted via Android Central App

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
If you're willing to root your phone, the Note 3 is a bargain and the updates via ROMs continue to roll out. Plenty powerful, even One Plus rolled out their X phone which shares many of the same specs as the Note 3.

But yes, the Note 4 is the better phone if your budget reaches that far.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1