No Text alert notification when within or viewing a Text Message - Solution needed?

badspell68

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Note 3 - Tmobile Android 5.0 (No update to 5.1 with T-Mobile yet)

When I'm viewing (or within a text conversation) and I receive another message from the same sender no audible sound alert will happen. If on out of the text then I will indeed receive a sound.

Anyone else experience this and/or have a solution?

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's the way my Note 3 has always worked. If you're looking at the thread, you'll see a new text come in. It's when you're not looking at the thread that you need the notification. (IOW, don't put the phone down on the desk with the thread opened and have to guess whether you've gotten a response. Hit the Back button once. Then you tap the thread if you get a notification. Not a big thing, really.)

(I suppose they could have made it an option - they didn't.)

badspell68

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
The built in Android text app.

In my previous OS renditions of Android I was always alerted even when I was reading a text or in a text conversation. For example...If I stay within a text conversation, set my phone down, I then would want to be alerted when that person has sent an additional text. Mine does not do this and it did when I was using any version of 4.0.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The built in Android text app.

In my previous OS renditions of Android I was always alerted even when I was reading a text or in a text conversation. For example...If I stay within a text conversation, set my phone down, I then would want to be alerted when that person has sent an additional text. Mine does not do this and it did when I was using any version of 4.0.

I agree that it would be nice if it worked that way, but it seems that it does not. :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad