Urgent...N9005 wifi issue

awaixjvd

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone

I bought a used note 3 recently after saving money for it for quite a time. I am a huge fan of note series.

Anyhow to cut the long story short, the phone was not branded, it was international version of SM-N9005 snapdragon LTE version and unlocked phone, with 4.4.2 installed. I didn't check any hardware and straight away installed new OS. I installed 5.0 with odin downloading the firmware from XDA note 3 lollipop thread. The ROM is Netherlands version with latest security patches till 1.2.16. The 5.0 installed fine and everything was working perfectly.
When i turned on the wifi, i faced a very strange issue. The wifi button moves and wifi turns on, detects the available wifi networks and then in 2-3 seconds, it turns off, again turns on (itself) and turns off and continues doing it.
At first, i thought it is a software glitch, so i downloaded another ROM from "samsung-updates website" but the problem persisted.

I am quite depressed. If it is hardware issue or software issue? The phone came with 4.4.2 installed and if i remember correctly, i updated some stuff like samsung app center just while playing with note 3 but didn't do much thorough checking before updating to lollipop. Can anyone guide me what to do. As to my view, there could be problem with ONE rom, not 2 roms while one is on XDA could be problematic but one on samsung-update couldn't be problematic as it is on official servers.
I urgently need your kind reply and help.