Note 3 says it's charging but percentage is going down?

W1911

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
T-mobile Note 3. As the title says, I plug it in, it thinks it's charging but battery percentage continues going down. I replaced the charging port circuit board with a brand new one, still has the same problem. Did factory reset (5.0), still nothing. Tried two different chargers with four different cables, still nothing. There is no apparent damage or debris on the connector that attaches to the charging circuit board. I have no idea what the problem could be.

Domestoboto92x

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey. I used to have that problem with my Note 3 Global unit.

I suggest trying the following.

- A fatter and/or shorter USB 3.0 cable. Western Digital (that's the only one I'm absolutely sure of) Hard Drives use USB 3.0 and the cable's really short, try getting one, or at least a cable significantly fatter than the OG Samsung cable.

- A 2.1Amp charger. Maybe an iPad charger or anything that gives higher wattage and current than the OG Samsung charger.

- Airplane mode. Or shutting down the device while charging.

- You also mentioned that the charging board was replaced. Maybe that's where the problem lies, and there's not much you can do if it does.

I hope it's fixed and these helped in any small way...

This Galaxy Note 3 with the AC App is On Fleek.

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
You mentioned the board. What about the plug? Try a different cord. Newer and of good quality.

My S3 did that or charged slow, replaced with a S7E. I think the port needed replacement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy