Galaxy Note 3 - Documents slow to open

A

AC Question

I have a Note 3 (SM-N9005 Android version 5.0) and it has been restored to factory settings but "Documents" is slow to open. There is a distinct delay in opening this item but Music opens quickly and Images opens quickly as well. There are more files in both Music and Images than "Documents" so it appears to make no sense.

There is plenty of space on the SD card (This is class 4 and where my data is stored) which I suspect maybe my problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Class 4 is fairly slow. You're certain that the music files are on the SD card as well? And are you seeing this when using the My Files app? What about a 3rd party file manager like Total Commander?

Note_User

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
This "phenomena" occurs when I use "My Files". All the other icons (Images, Videos, Music, Downloaded apps, Recent files, etc.) all respond almost instantly. Music files, Images and Video files are just on the SD card.

Documents however, is slow to open (there is one pdf (6mb) a about 6 to 8 small .txt files). I installed Total Commander and now I can see SD-card and SD-card (2) at the top of the list of a number of icons.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And does Total Commander have any problems exploring the SD card?

I believe Total Commander will display the phone's Internal Storage as "SD Card," and the physical microSD card as "SD Card (2)." On my Nexus 6P (without an SD slot), the Internal Storage is "SD Card."

Note_User

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Total Commander has no delay whatsoever in opening the SD card. I can see all my files from inside this app and the single pdf (I have in "Documents") opens fine.
I tested the delay and "Documents" (when being opened from within My Files), takes between 7-8 seconds to open.
The other icons like Music and Images open instantly, on a singe tap.

(thanks for taking the time to respond)

Note_User

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Once again... thanks for taking the time to help me solve this.

I had a revelation today. I removed the SD card from the phone, took the data off the card and formatted it.
I put the card back in the phone.....added the data back onto the SD card and now there's no delay in opening any items...Documents, Music and Images etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol