Note 3 Keeps Restarting

Schweden

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
About a week ago, my Samsung Note 3 suddenly started constantly restarting. This rendered it basically unusable as every restart was followed by another restart resulting in a never ending loop. After testing a few things out, I've made the following observations:

1) Taking off the Otterbox case seemed to marginally help.
2) Clearing the cache partition did not help at all.
3) The phone functions normally until it hits around 80-85% battery life. It will then suddenly start to constantly restart. Powering it off or taking out the battery and trying to turn it on again will lead to the same constant restarting cycle. I found that plugging it into the charger immediately solved things and it functions normally when connected to a power source.

I have already tried uninstalling the most recent apps I downloaded and I'm not sure if that helped at all. The phone currently uses an Anker Samsung Note 3 battery that I start using less than a year ago. I'm seriously starting to run out of ideas here. Is the problem the battery?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Try taking the battery out, and on a smooth, flat surface try to spin it. If it does, it's bulged and should be replaced. The bulge is causing a pivot point and creating a bad connection.

Schweden

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Try taking the battery out, and on a smooth, flat surface try to spin it. If it does, it's bulged and should be replaced. The bulge is causing a pivot point and creating a bad connection.

Thanks for the advice. I tried spinning the battery and it doesn't seem to spin beyond the initial push. I also tried feeling the surface of the battery and there did not seem to be any bumps.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I tried spinning the battery and it doesn't seem to spin beyond the initial push. I also tried feeling the surface of the battery and there did not seem to be any bumps.

Not bulged then. If it would spin, it would do 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn easily. The power button may be stuck. Can't think of too much else.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1