Invalid sim card after GPS fix - NV Rebuild

Daniel Jaworski

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi
I had GPS problem and tried the advice from
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...tly-searching-gps-after-lollipop-upgrade.html

After the reboot my phone does not recognise my simcard saying Invalid Sim Card.

I am in the UK and I bought this phone on Amazon around 6 months ago.
Sometimes when the call is coming I get some strange Chinese names on the bottom as if they were Chinese locations. So I realised that this phone must have come from China. This did not bother me as if worked perfectly fine in the beginning. Since few months ago the GPS did not work well, I think I was only able to get location using wifi and not GPS.

So I tried the above method but this has changed something in the settings and I cannot use my phone for calls anymore, at present. The GPS works however better, not perfect, but it does now get the GPS fix.

The simcard works fine in other phone so there is no problem with the simcard.

I installed RegionLock Away, which says that it should have removed any region lock but this did not fix the issue.

My phone is SM-9005, Baseband version in about device is N9005xxucnc5.
android 4.4.2
Build number KOT49HN9005xxucnc5.
Kernel 3.4.0-951486
dpi@SWDD5712 1

Please, do you have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Regards

Daniel

LN0409

Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
Hi Daniel, I recently ran into the same problem with a Samsung S6 bought new from ebay. After NV rebuild the SIM card is not recognized. After some digging, I realized the phone was from Sprint US, never activated with Sprint (verified with Sprint Rep). The original model was SM-G920P / Sprint. Somehow the Chinese seller rooted and installed ROM for SM-G920F / Global. However, some apps still detect the phone as from China even though it connected to Australian networks. The network name in Settings always shows a Chinese mobile network.

Have you been able to fix the problem?

Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463