Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 31 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Going to buy the Galaxy Note 4 soon, found a tempered glass for it online just want to know other brands that you might know that is much better compared to the one I am interested to,

Im interested in purchasing the TechPro Tempered Glass Screen Prote
    Amazon.com: TechPro Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Premium Real Tempered Glass Screen Protector with HD Clarity. 8-9H Hardness. Rounded Edges. 1 Pack - Retail Packaging (2013 version): Cell Phones & Accessories

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Default Re: Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

So, I really like to keep my phones in perfect condition, and I would like to get a Galaxy Note 4 and apply a tempered glass screen protector to it, however, doing so will effectively raise my screen up slighty due to the thickness of the glass. Will this hinder my use of the fingerprint functions?

Quote Originally Posted by Dankees View Post
    So, I really like to keep my phones in perfect condition, and I would like to get a Galaxy Note 4 and apply a tempered glass screen protector to it, however, doing so will effectively raise my screen up slighty due to the thickness of the glass. Will this hinder my use of the fingerprint functions?
    You can always increase the touch sensitivity.
    Thanked by 2:
    butterfly210 likes this.

Global Posts
    5,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

For what Spigen offers for their Tempered Glas.tR there are alternatives for less money that do the same job. I like their cases but their screen protectors are overpriced. Nilikin should have theirs along soon and they are $15-20 at most on Amazon.com. Plus others will offer it as well.

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

So, the fingerprint functions still work with these thick screen protectors?

I have an xtremeguard on my Note 3. I like it and it cost like $8 with shipping.
    Thanked by:
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

Owners of the S5 say it works with glass screen protectors.

is the Note 4's screen completely flat or is the edge higher? That's what it seems like in the photos I've seen. how will this affect how the tempered glass screen protectors are cut?

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

My wife has an iLoome tempered glass protector on her s5 and has no issues with the fingerprint scanner. Looks pretty slick.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    5,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

The tempered glas screen protectors don't cover the fingerprint sensor so they will work just fine.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

and of course the tempered glass is your preliminary protection just in case something goes wrong

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

yes it might especially for tempered glass protectors that are thick, me I'm going for a tempered glass screen protector that is thin but durable
    bbbobbbo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    I have an xtremeguard on my Note 3. I like it and it cost like $8 with shipping.
    Whoa! It's $49.99 for their Spartan Tempered Glass Screen Protector (for the Note 3, they don't have the Note 4 yet). Really? Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector
    Nexus 6, 64gb
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5"
    Chromecast
    Vizio Co-Star
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

$50 dollars? wow kinda pricey

Quote Originally Posted by Carla97220 View Post
    is the Note 4's screen completely flat or is the edge higher? That's what it seems like in the photos I've seen. how will this affect how the tempered glass screen protectors are cut?
    ^^This is a good question, I have noticed in some photos that the screen edges of the N4 are very slightly rounded.

I tried a tempered glass screen on my Note 3 and found the glare to be very irritating. Ended up going back to an inexpensive screen protector. If someone came out with an anti glare tempered glass protector, I would go for it.

Posted via Android Central App
    Katrina White1 likes this.

Do they make any cases with tempered glass? Can you install a case while using a glass kit?

Anyone tried this one?

monsieurms likes this.

I stopped using cases or screen protectors with my iPhone 2 versions ago and I haven't had any issues really. I am switching to the Note 4, should I be okay to go naked with that as well or do the phones/screens scratch easily?

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Brandwin View Post
    I stopped using cases or screen protectors with my iPhone 2 versions ago and I haven't had any issues really. I am switching to the Note 4, should I be okay to go naked with that as well or do the phones/screens scratch easily?
    I have never gotten a scratch on mine. However, it's all in how you take care of it and where you use it. Don't put yourself in situations where it could fall, be dropped easily or put it in your pocket with other things that could potentially scratch it and you'll probably be okay. I was considering going without a case for the Note 4, but that might not be worth the risk. I don't recall ever dropping my Note 3, but you really never know.
    I look at it like getting really nice furniture, but keeping a cover over it at all times. You don't really get to enjoy the premium feel.
    Some people go overboard with the protection just so the next person who buys their phone will have a better quality device. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I have a $7.50 tempered glass on my Note 3 for about 10 months, even got a spare that I never got to use!!
    This time around, before I even get my Note 4, I order two Temp glass screens, each under $8

Supershieldz Tempered Glass Screen Protector Shield for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | eBay

Nillkin Tempered Glass Screen Protector Film for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Special | eBay

Also, ordered the exact same bumper kickstand case that I have on my Note 3 too.

S Shape s Line TPU Gel Skin Cover Hard Kick Stand Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | eBay

All this for about $20

On my Note 3, I had a Spigen Temp Glass for $35 at first, but it fell off, returned it for a refund!! The cheap clone has never fell off.
    I had Spigen Bumper case, and it was good, but no kickstand, I got the kickstand one above and been perfect since. I have dropped my Note 3 about 5 times. Not a scratch on it, and it has never missed a beat. Feel dam bad on getting rid if for the Note 4... But, I am sucker for a thrill..

Samsung Galaxy Note 4/32gb/Black/128gb SD Card (Batman)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4/16gb/Black/64gb SD Card
    Samsung Galaxy Gear S Black(Robin)

Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!
    Thanked by:
    ohbreeeezy likes this.

I order this one...Amazon $17
    Also going with the Spigen Tough Armor Note 4 case - $19

My favorite tempered glass screen protector is the iCarez. They are >half the price of the Spigen ones and I can't tell a difference in quality. Usually the knock offs have squared edges and huge cutouts, but the iCarez doesn't. I am curious, though, how well these tempered glass protectors will work with the 2.5D glass on the Note 4.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

yes I am also a fan of iCarez but going for the Spigen this time or maybe Zagg or Tech Pro
Page 1 of 31 1234 ... LastLast