Note 4 bumper and no back cases

onesojourner

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to make a list of bumper cases for the Note 4. If you find any case that offers an open back with just side and corner protection post it in this thread.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I would like the reverse of a bumper case. lol

The bumper case will just cover up the best part of the phone. The metal feel around the phone. :)

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to make a list of bumper cases for the Note 4. If you find any case that offers an open back with just side and corner protection post it in this thread.
I would like the reverse of a bumper case. lol
The bumper case will just cover up the best part of the phone. The metal feel around the phone. :)

You guys should just partner up and buy an exacto knife and some double sided sticky tape. You'll both get what you want out of 1 case :D

Posted via the Android Central App

scfoster

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
$18.88 for the case delivered. Decided to order a silver one. Supposedly takes a couple of weeks to arrive. Will post when it arrives.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
This is hilarious! Aren't you thrilled with your N4 and its metal frame? Finally, Samsung has gotten rid of the much criticized plastic frame and plastic feel, but you want to cover it up with a plastic bumper? You have to wonder why Samsung bothered. I guess if it's a metal bumper, it might be OK, but will it still give you that premium feel? Furthermore,.these bumpers are described as ultrathin. Otherwise, rocker switches won't work right. The main protection the bumpers can afford will be to prevent scratches on the original frame. It is doubtful that it will do much to prevent dents, in the event of a fall, if the phone lands on its side or on a corner.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

knowledge_6

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
i wanted to buy this for my note 3 .. but i didn't like the little protruding corner where the screw goes in..

but the first link .. that one looks much better.. but depending on what the inside of the bumper is made of.. it'll scratch the shiny edges of the note 4's original trim...

sigh.. u get metal on a phone and it comes with a whole new set of risks! wish they made those shiny edges brushed or something less noticeable when scratched.. cause those edges are gonna get destroyed...

i like my phones naked.. but this time i might have to buy a case... i bought a 0.3mm TPU case from ebay if anyone is interested:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...07816822?ssPageName=ADME%3AL%3AOC%3ACA%3A3160

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Or (just for fun) you can just use one of the yellow "Live Strong" bracelets as your bumper and just punch a hole where the S-pen, USB, and the headphones ports are.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Would you worry the metal bumper will reduce the antenna's reception ability, since it covers the antenna as well as the frame?

Dooster122

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Would you worry the metal bumper will reduce the antenna's reception ability, since it covers the antenna as well as the frame?

Isn't the frame already metal? So why would adding a bumper hurt the reception? I would assume Samsung had moved the antennas somewhere in the back behind the plastic housing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon