S-view flip cover?

ProtoformX

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I got this but then read a few reviews in which it scratched the phones screen, or they got the 3rd party magnets to keep it closed and they scratched the phone or the magnets messed with the s-pen performance on the screen.

Can anyone confirm these reports? Or did these folks simply do something funky?

Posted via the Android Central App

int_architect

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I got this but then read a few reviews in which it scratched the phones screen, or they got the 3rd party magnets to keep it closed and they scratched the phone or the magnets messed with the s-pen performance on the screen.

Can anyone confirm these reports? Or did these folks simply do something funky?
No issues with me S-View. I do know that this was an issue for some with last year's S-view case for the Note 3.

the 4 via AC App

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had an S-view case with all of the notes (every one except for the note 1) and with them all, to my understanding, the OEM S-View case does not have any magnets that it uses to operate, it uses the two connectors on the back of the battery panel as well as the proximity sensor to activate it, thus not having a negative effect on it.

I could be 10000% wrong with the scientific knowledge, but these are unlike the book cases that are found with the Tablets that Samsung offers.

I've always used the Spigen magnet holder and this never gets to the screen to hardly make any type of scratch, the scratches may come from dirt and debris that has a hardness rating higher than that of the gorilla glass, cause slight abrasions and scratches.

Hope this helps

ProtoformX

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the answer! Do the Spigen magnets negatively effect performance in any other way? Like messing with compass apps or the performance of the S-pen (also magnetic)?

bdgriff

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'll chime in here with my experience with the official S view cases. I had a note 3 that I put a S view on and after about a week or 2 I started noticing a perfectly straight line across my note screen (horizontal), but just wiped it away with a sunglass cloth and went about my business, about a week plus went buy and noticed that the line was not going away after wiping with the cloth and upon further inspection noticed the line was etched in and would not disappear no matter what!! I called Samsung to complain and got nowhere (it would be $120 to fix) so I ordered the Spigen glass and put on it and it hid the scratch! Only read 1 or 2 other people complain of this happening.

Naolin

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
my biggest issue with the s-view is more of personal preference but I could not stand that I had to flip open a cover every time I wanted to use my phone and that the cover was forever present. The window does not provide enough functionality for what i check my phone for.

I'm one of those people that checks my phone constantly even though I know that I haven't received any new texts/notifications and even though I don't really need to do anything but I will just pick up my phone turn on the screen randomly log into twitter, Facebook ETC. While having this on my desk it's fine, but if i'm on the go the flip cover just seemed like it was in the way every time I reached for my phone to do this.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I had an S view cover on both my Note 3 and my S5. I absolutely LOVED them. Functionality was great any it protected my screen. I did start noticing that the window did leave very light buff marks in the exact shape of the window. Most people wouldn't notice this bit I'm very picky.
I was planning on getting an S view case for the Note 4 but I just love how nice and thin it looks with out it so I'm going naked with this phone.

ProtoformX

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. I decided against it. Not enough info available in the window, and the flip cover made using the phone left handed almost impossible.

I was running it naked too, but a slight scuff on the metal edge after a fumble convinced me to case up.

Brian Kenny

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I have had the S view cover on the note 3 and the note 4 and I had to buy the clip from spigen for the note 3 but the S view case for the 4 stays closed a lot better.. I haven't had the urge to transfer it over and overall the case for the 4 feels way more solid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze