Note 4 Caseology Case First Impressions

TaterMay

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Just received my Caseology slim fit case from Amazon today. Figured I would share some pics and give my first impressions. I actually really love the look, and it seems to be a good quality case, especially for $12.99. The fit seems perfect. There is no screen protection, but I ordered a second, heavier duty case with belt clip for that. For the money, I give this case 5 stars. Let me know what you guys think. Sorry for the mediocre pics. Taken with an iPhone 5. :/

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• IMG_3137.jpg
    IMG_3137.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_3141.jpg
    IMG_3141.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_3143.jpg
    IMG_3143.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_3144.jpg
    IMG_3144.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_3147.jpg
    IMG_3147.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_3149.jpg
    IMG_3149.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 335
  • Screenshot_2014-11-06-19-05-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-06-19-05-20.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 664

LeoNote4b

Banned
Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 4 Caseology Case Review

The consensus in the forums is Verus Thor. I bought it today. I bought a couple others previous to that but after reading the forums, yeah, it seems that Verus is the real deal. Note that I owned Caseology for my previous phone. Ringke is another one that is not good.

TaterMay

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

This looks nice in pictures but soon you'll feel it's really a cheap plastic.

I don't know, man. I've had a LOT of experience with both good and bad quality plastics throughout my career, and this seems to be a very well engineered case. All the tolerances around the case seem to be nice and tight with no play. I will have no problem admitting I am wrong if I see it wear prematurely, but I am very impressed for 13 bucks. Did you happen to take it in and out of your Caseology case a lot?

TaterMay

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

What would you say is the best case?

The "best case" is subjective. Do you want something of a small profile that will be easy to get in and out of your pocket? That's the purpose of this case. Do you want a heavy duty case with two layers of protection and a screen protector? Then go for something like this, the Verus Thor, or something similar.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-06-20-39-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-06-20-39-43.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 371

Beltelmel

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Just received my Caseology slim fit case from Amazon today. Figured I would share some pics and give my first impressions. I actually really love the look, and it seems to be a good quality case, especially for $12.99. The fit seems perfect. There is no screen protection, but I ordered a second, heavier duty case with belt clip for that. For the money, I give this case 5 stars. Let me know what you guys think. Sorry for the mediocre pics. Taken with an iPhone 5. :/

Nice!!! I have the same one in black. Great fit!

nytmare

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Good review. Does anyone know if Caseology makes a clip holster for this case. Or... if another manufacturer makes a clip holster this Caseology case would fit into? TIA.

LeoNote4b

Banned
Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

I don't know, man. I've had a LOT of experience with both good and bad quality plastics throughout my career, and this seems to be a very well engineered case. All the tolerances around the case seem to be nice and tight with no play. I will have no problem admitting I am wrong if I see it wear prematurely, but I am very impressed for 13 bucks. Did you happen to take it in and out of your Caseology case a lot?

As soon as I opened the box I thought it looked cheap and whenever I see another Note on a train wearing this coat, I think it looks cheap.

TheDarkKnight0818

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

The consensus in the forums is Verus Thor. I bought it today. I bought a couple others previous to that but after reading the forums, yeah, it seems that Verus is the real deal. Note that I owned Caseology for my previous phone. Ringke is another one that is not good.

Alright I'll keep that in mind, just ordered the verus! Currently have the Spigen capsule which is garbage

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

No offense to the OP but I think that's one of the ugliest cases I've ever seen.

I'm not a big case person though and rock my devices naked..

If you like it and if you like the way it looks then that's all that matters.

TaterMay

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I kind of came here expecting a bit more depth in this review, haha.

Hahaha sorry. I should have titled it ....First Impressions. Though there isn't much to review on a case like this other than the fit, finish, price, and durability, which won't be reviewable for a while. Unless it wears prematurely.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't have the elongated hole for the mic at the bottom so it could be an issue depending on your variant.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

TaterMay

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

No offense to the OP but I think that's one of the ugliest cases I've ever seen.

I'm not a big case person though and rock my devices naked..

If you like it and if you like the way it looks then that's all that matters.

Haha. None taken. I like my phones naked as well, but coming from an iPhone 5, I wanted something to protect at least a wee bit more because I feel quite vulnerable when pulling it out of my pocket. I took a gamble because I knew it was a love it or hate it design, but when I opened the package I was very impressed.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I think you will find that the Thor gets in and out of the pocket just fine. IMO it offers a more balanced compromise between protection, aesthetics and functionality of any of the cases I have seen. Not as protective as a defender or a Ballistic Tough Jacket, not as trim as the cases that are playing to that interest but enough of everything. Enough protection for the normal sorts of things that might happen to your phone. Plus they have gotten the texture and the size and the shape so right and in the right places that you feel like you could juggle a Note successfully. I don't get that level of confidence in the hand with any other case I have tried so far and that is really important to me. 9 out of 10 times if I drop my phone it is straight out of my hand. So how many drops will the Thor save me in the first place? IMO....plenty!!

So many of the other cases feel like they just want to jump right out of my hand. Thor makes me feel like I've got Spiderman stickum.