Puregear xtreme chargers

samwifi

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm so irritated, it appears that the puregear car charger I got, blew out my fast charge circuitry on my note 4. Such a hassle now to get it repaired.. stay away.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As long as the charger doesn't put out more than 5.2 volts it won't blow anything out. Evidently yours did. (The ampreage is irrelevant - the phone draws only as much as it was designed to.)

samwifi

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
As long as the charger doesn't put out more than 5.2 volts it won't blow anything out. Evidently yours did. (The ampreage is irrelevant - the phone draws only as much as it was designed to.)

it happened when getting back into my car. I plugged my phone into the puregear car charger using the cable I bought from puregear. The phone then started to connect then disconnect to power making that sound over and over. I tried plugging it in again and again and then it finally showed connected but no fast charge and then no fast charge on the original power brick. Maybe it was the cable.. the end is kinda short.. I don't know. I'm now just paranoid to use 3rd party stuff.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
it happened when getting back into my car. I plugged my phone into the puregear car charger using the cable I bought from puregear. The phone then started to connect then disconnect to power making that sound over and over. I tried plugging it in again and again and then it finally showed connected but no fast charge and then no fast charge on the original power brick. Maybe it was the cable.. the end is kinda short.. I don't know. I'm now just paranoid to use 3rd party stuff.

Is fast charge working with the original wall charger now?

The Verizon chargers seem to be working just fine and I like them much better then the PureGear ones.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The qualcomm fast charge for the note 4 is 9v. But a quality charger should be ok. I have been using the stock and Verizon quick charger, no problems with either.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

samwifi

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Is fast charge working with the original wall charger now?

The Verizon chargers seem to be working just fine and I like them much better then the PureGear ones.

No, the wall charger does not work in fast charge any longer. Verizon is sending me a new charger to test, if that does not work, they will replace the phone.