Screen protection recommendations

Soreloser

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, having read the multi-page thread on halo's with the glass screen covers (and having one installed on my N4 with a definite halo) I am wondering what the general consensus might be on film covers. Are there any good quality film covers that protect fairly well? Obviously not to the extent that a tempered glass cover will do but you get the idea...

I don't want to keep purchasing different ones and hoping to get one that does the job...hate wasting money that way.

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Got a 3 pack of the spigen crystal film protectors for $8. They are awesome for what they are. They cover everything I want them to cover and are very smooth, unlike a lot of film protectors I've used in the past. I bought these so id have some protection while waiting for a temp glass solution. Doesn't look like that's gonna happen. I'm satisfied with the spigen crystal.

Posted via the Android Central App

thetonyclifton

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Got a 3 pack of the spigen crystal film protectors for $8. They are awesome for what they are. They cover everything I want them to cover and are very smooth, unlike a lot of film protectors I've used in the past. I bought these so id have some protection while waiting for a temp glass solution. Doesn't look like that's gonna happen. I'm satisfied with the spigen crystal.

Posted via the Android Central App

What do they look like on? I have a 3 pack but they look very narrow when I hold them up to the screen, presumably because of the curve on the screen they played it safe?

I have a zagg Invisibleshield on at the minute which I bought as it was the only one in the store and wanted something to keep me going until I ordered something else.....but actually the coverage is pretty good, all the way to the sides and most of the way to the top and bottom. I guess being a softer more rubbery type screen protector means they can flex to the screen curve better....trade off though as I have found that the 'self healing' nature of these Zaggs which is normally helpful doesn't really work with a stylus device as the writing kind of hangs around on the protector.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Basic problem with the film protectors is they don't have any protection against the screen shattering in a drop. I'm thinking for protection you're better off with a halo and a glass protector than a film one. The other thing about film protectors is the S Pen drags and they're usually fingerprint magnets.